At the moment I have the following going on in my life:
- My garage being demolished and an extension to my house starting.
- The bank doing the opposite of handing out money to anyone who smiled at it.
- A tribe of 3 kids who are oblivious to anything except making a mess.
- A temporary house that is unfinished and will be as close to camping out under the stars as my family will have ever experienced.
- A house move on the cards for the weekend.
- Various builders, neighbours, family and so on questioning, demanding and generally pulling in every direction at once.
My normal antidote for this sort of stress is to sink a bottle of red wine and to go running (not in that order).
I have done ‘something’ to my chest that makes it almost impossible to cough, snort or breath deeply (all required for a clear lunged snot free run). My internal ER says I have cracked a rib but I have probably tweaked a muscle. It doesn’t help that it is right above my heart so the stabbing pain gives me the effect of having a banger.
I am using all my will power not to go running tonight (and a drop of red wine) in the hope of clearing up the muscle tear/strain.
Recent running stats –
Tuesday 12th January 2010
7.14 miles in 0:56:03 (7:51/mile) at HR avg 148.
This was the opposite of a progression run. The pace started out nice and nippy but the chest pain and an inability to clear my chest meant the pace faded.
In the meantime I finally received one of my Chris Cringle presents and present for you some of my recent marathon photographs. I have culled them down to remove all the ones with me foot planting/heel striking and where the facial expression is the deranged side of commitment.